Janz Travels Throughout California’s 22nd Congressional District Talking to Voters While Nunes Continues to Hide
Fresno, CA (October 3rd, 2018) – With November 6th closing in on us, we’ve started ramping up the campaign to reach as many voters as possible. Andrew has attended public events throughout California’s 22nd Congressional District and hosted weekly meet and greets; all while Nunes hides from his constituents, hosts private parties and evades public forums.
Below is a September overview of the Andrew Janz for Congress campaign:
- Labor Day Pancake Breakfast – September 3
- Janz joined workers and local leaders in serving pancakes at the annual Labor Day Pancake Breakfast.
- SEIU Rise Up Labor Day Picnic – September 3
- Andrew spoke at the annual Labor Day Picnic about the importance of protecting workers in the Central Valley.
- Visalia Meet and Greet – September 5
- Visalia Judge Broadman hosted a meet and greet with a group of mostly Republicans. Republican Judge Broadman came out in support of Andrew saying this will be the first time he is not voting for Nunes. See the video here.
- LGBT Meet and Greet – September 10
- Local LGBT leaders hosted a meet and greet for Andrew Janz and his campaign for Congress. Topics included Democratic Party support and water.
- Andrew Throws First Pitch @ Visalia Rawhide – September 11
- Janz honored military members, past and present, and first responders by sponsoring a Visalia Rawhide baseball game.
- Tulare County Fair – September 12
- Andrew visited the booths and met with voters at the annual Tulare County Fair. His campaign helped facilitate a Democratic presence during the week.
- Fresno Meet and Greet – September 13
- Andrew met with voters in Fresno, topics such as education and health care were addressed.
- Fresno Meet and Greet – September 14
- Andrew met with voters in California’s 22nd Congressional District. He spoke to about 75 people regarding his campaign, specifically about jobs and water.
- Janz Kicks off Visalia Canvass – September 15
- Andrew met with a group of 50 Visalia canvassers to encourage them to knock on doors in California’s 22nd Congressional District.
- Janz Hosts Farmersville Meet and Greet – September 15
- Andrew talked to voters in Farmersville that are often forgotten about by both parties.
- 200 grassroots supporters came out and supported Janz in his second annual Janz BBQ. During this event, he called upon his dedicated base to volunteer for him.
- Janz Knocks on Doors in Orange Cove – September 16
- Andrew personally visited residents of Orange Cove who have been neglected by their Representative for the past 15 years.
- Orange Cove Block Party – September 16
- The Andrew Janz campaign hosted a block party with Orange Cove voters, bringing the grassroots campaign to the outskirts of the district.
- Dinuba Democratic Club Kickoff – September 26
- Andrew visited long forgotten voters in the small town of Dinuba. He plans to change that by asking for the support of the newly formed Dinuba Democratic Club.
- Fresno State ASI Voter Reg & Education Event – September 27
- Andrew visited students at Fresno State to talk with them about his campaign for Congress. The students were lining up to take selfies with Janz.
Find photos of Janz on the campaign trail in September here.
Andrew Janz is a Deputy District Attorney for Fresno County, where he was assigned to the Violent Crimes Unit before entering the race against 8- term incumbent Rep. Devin Nunes after his infamous midnight Uber trip to the White House last spring. Andrew Janz is 34 years old and resides in Fresno with his wife Heather and their two dogs.
Devin Nunes is the 8 term incumbent for California Congressional District 22 who became a national lightning rod after his midnight trip to the White House in 2017. Most recently Devin Nunes has come under national and local scrutiny for his most recent ethical missteps in spending thousands of campaign dollars on Boston Celtics tickets, wine tours, and Las Vegas getaways.