*** Jessica Morse has been endorsed for CD-4 by the CDP ***
It’s Go Time!
Apr 28, 2018 02:12 pm
Every year, approximately 15 million people visit our district for outdoor recreation. Tens of millions of Americans love CA-04 and care deeply about protecting our many natural splendors, including Lake Tahoe, Yosemite, and Kings Canyon National Park.
Over the past year we’ve been working hard to raise national awareness of our efforts to oust Republican, Tom McClintock with the hope that people across the country might chip in and help with fundraising.
To that end, we are incredibly impressed and grateful for the record-setting fundraising efforts of Democrat, Jessica Morse. She has traveled extensively across northern California and worked hard to bring in the outside attention and support we so desperately need to win this race. So far she’s out-raised McClintock in virtually every quarter since she filed her first FEC report and now has more cash in the bank than McClintock – funds that will prove to be critically important for winning the November election.
As a result of her impressive fundraising, our formerly ‘unflippable’ district was added to the target list of districts by the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and more recently, CA-04 was downgraded by a highly respected election handicapper from “Safe Republican” to “Likely Republican.” Jess has also won many endorsements, including the California Democratic Party – a huge endorsement that brings with it critical, high-level support and resources.
Jessica’s remarkable success in convincing folks who live outside our district to contribute – despite the fact that CA-04 has historically been considered ‘unflippable,’ speaks volumes of her message, commitment, and unbridled enthusiasm. People across the country want to see McClintock replaced by a pragmatic, progressive Democrat and Jess is winning them over. She’s the perfect candidate to counter the persistent objectification of the Right who delight at painting us as ‘radical leftists’ and ‘Marxists.’ So far, she’s blown away all expectations and is showing no signs of slowing down.
All that being said… It may be true that 91% of the time, the better-financed candidate wins, but we also know that money alone doesn’t win elections. Jess has a growing army of grassroots supporters, but it’s going to take EVERY SINGLE ONE of us to get involved to make this happen.
10 THINGS YOU CAN DO RIGHT NOW:
- Verify your voter registration.
- If you’re not registered, get registered to vote now! (You have until midnight on Monday, May 21st).
- Join #TeamMorse and volunteer.
- Visit campaign HQ to pick up a yard sign and bumper stickers. (map) (email)
- Donate to Jessica’s Campaign.
- Find and join a local group.
- Attend an event near you.
- Amplify our message to more voters in the district.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Write a letter to your local paper in support of Jessica:
– Greater Sacramento Region – Sacramento Bee
– Greater Fresno Region – Fresno Bee
– Roseville, Rocklin, Lincoln, Loomis, Auburn, Colfax, Granite Bay, Folsom, & El Dorado – Hills – Gold Country Media
– Truckee – Truckee Sun
– Lake Tahoe – Tahoe Daily Tribune
– Placerville – Mountain Democrat
– Sonora – Union Democrat
– Mariposa – Mariposa Gazette
– Yosemite – Sierra News Online
– Merced – Merced Sun Star
– Fresno – Sierra Star