*** Alex Padilla has been endorsed for Secretary of State by the CDP ***
The first quarter is coming to a close. With your support, 2018 has been off to a busy, but productive start.
- Our resistance forced Trump to disband the Trump Kobach fraud commission.
- We successfully petitioned Congress to include a line item in the federal omnibus spending bill for new voting systems and cybersecurity. California is slated to receive $36 million.
- We successfully petitioned Governor Brown to include in his propoed state budget for 2018-2019 $134 million for new voting systems and cybersecurity. Combined with the required county match, that’s potentially another $268 million.
- In response to the Trump administration’s announcement last week to add a question about citizenship in the 2020 decennial Census, Attorney General Becerra and I announced that California would sue to challenge the addition of the question and protect California from the impacts of a population undercount.
The June 5th primary is only 67 days away and I’ve been traveling the state talking with voters and sharing all that we’re doing to improve elections in California:
- We’re implementing automatic voter registration. California Motor Voter is scheduled to go live on April 16.
- We’re implementing the Voter’s Choice Act. Five counties — Madera, Napa, Nevada, Sacramento, and San Mateo — will be have adopted the new elections model for 2018.
- Pre-registration of 16- and 17-year olds continues to climb. We’re quickly approaching 100,000 young people who have taken signed up.
But there is much more to do.
Tomorrow is an important fundraising deadline and I need your help to keep my campaign fundraising on track.
Thank you in advance. With your support, I’ll continue to fight for our voting rights and for you.
California Secretary of State