On the Fourth of July, we celebrate our nation’s history, traditions, and democracy. We pause on Independence Day to reflect on the freedoms and ideals we as a nation share, and to honor those who fight to protect our way of life.
Today is a day to remember the brave men and women who have fought to protect our freedoms and honor the memory of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. There are a number of ways to get involved and help honor our nation’s heroes. Support these individuals by wearing a yellow ribbon, donating to military families, or personally thanking a veteran or soldier.
There are a number of events you and your family can enjoy this holiday around the Valley. Below, you will find a sampling of events being held throughout the California’s 16th Congressional District. Wherever you and your loved ones choose to celebrate this Fourth of July, I wish you a happy and wonderful holiday.
Fourth of July Events in CA-16
- Fourth of July Festival: 9-4 PM Ralston Park
- Run for Independence: 7:30 AM in Ralston Park
- Fourth of July Parade: 9 AM at 1401 Winton Way
- Concert and Fireworks Show: 6 PM at Castle Air Base Museum
- Fireworks Extravaganza: At Dusk at Island Water Park
- Baseball Game and Fireworks: 7 PM at Chukchansi Park
- Fireworks Display: 7 PM at Gustine High School Football Stadium
- Parade and Picnic: 10:30 AM at Downtown Gustine
- Fourth of July Celebration: 3 PM- midnight, fireworks begin at 9:15 PM
- Golf Tournament: 8 AM-1 PM at Madera Municipal Golf Course
- Fireworks Show: 9 PM at Madera Municipal Golf Course
Again, I want to wish everyone a happy Fourth of July! To stay up to date on the work I am doing in Congress please visit my website at costa.house.gov and sign up for my e-newsletter here.