When I think about why I’m fighting for our planet, I think about time spent with my sons, Theo and Henry, camping, walking in the woods, and breathing in fresh air.
We need to do everything we can to make sure our kids—and their kids—can share these moments, too. But climate change threatens the hope of a sustainable future for our children.
In the face of such danger, we must be brave. And the next president has to be willing to take bold leaps to fight climate change—not small steps or half-measures.
Today, I’m releasing my official climate change plan to take those bold leaps. It includes enacting the Green New Deal, setting us on the course to achieve net-zero carbon and other greenhouse gas emissions, making big polluters pay, and transforming our economy with good-paying green jobs.
As president, I’ll treat climate change like the existential threat it is, but I can’t get there without your help. Donate to my campaign today—every dollar helps send me to the next round of debates and build a campaign strong enough to win the White House, where I’ll address climate change head-on.
Climate change is the most serious threat to humanity today, and we need immediate and bold action to address it before it’s too late. We can, and will, rise to meet the biggest challenge of our time.
Here’s how a Gillibrand administration will do it:
- Get to net-zero carbon and other greenhouse gas emissions, phase out fossil fuels, and get us to 100% clean, renewable, and zero-carbon electricity.
- Put a price on carbon and hold polluters accountable.
- Build a green jobs economy that puts working people first, revitalizes our struggling communities, and repairs our infrastructure, while reducing our carbon footprint.
- Prioritize rural advancement, frontline communities, and marginalized voices.
- Lead a 21st-century clean energy international “space race” and rejoin the Paris Climate Agreement on day one of my presidency.
- Protect public lands and guarantee clean air and clean water as a fundamental human right for all Americans.
As President Kennedy once said about the moonshot, we should do this not because it is easy, but because it is hard. It will be a measure of our excellence, innovation, and entrepreneurialism as a nation.
This is our generation’s moonshot. There is no higher-stakes fight than this one. We aren’t just working to protect jobs and communities—we are called, right now, to save our planet.
Together, we can face this challenge head-on and safeguard the future for the generations to come. As president, I’ll get it done. But I need everyone in this community supporting me.
Can you make a donation to my campaign today so I can enact my climate change plan?