The Fresno County Democratic Central Committee has not endorsed any candidate in this race.
For Immediate Release
June 21, 2017
Contact: Dave Jacobson, (818) 943-2348
Maclen Zilber, (510) 508-9142
Jacobson & Zilber Strategies
ED HERNANDEZ NOTCHES ANOTHER WIN, GETS HEFTY BACKING FROM LABOR POWERHOUSE
State Building & Construction Trades Council of California Endorses State Senator Ed Hernandez in Bid for Lt. Governor
WEST COVINA, CA- Continuing his cascade of support from working families, today State Senator Dr. Ed Hernandez was endorsed by the State Building & Construction Trades Council of California in his campaign for California Lieutenant Governor.
Upon making public their support of Senator Hernandez’ Lt. Governor campaign, President of the State Building and Construction Trades Council of California, Robbie Hunter, released the following statement:
“State Sen. Ed Hernandez’s long career promoting health and education, and his demonstrated concern for working families makes him a terrific candidate for Lieutenant Governor, for which the State Building and Construction Trades Council of California endorses him.
“Sen. Hernandez will make a great Lieutenant Governor. As a Senator, he has proven to balance the needs of all Californians, especially working families. He has demonstrated his policy expertise on education issues dealing with the University of California and the California State University System. His environmental record more than qualifies him to sit on the State Lands Commission, a key responsibility for the Lieutenant Governor. The Lieutenant Governor has a unique role in making sure that the voice of all Californians is represented at these institutions. We feel that the construction industry, especially the building trades members, will be well served with Ed Hernandez as Lieutenant Governor.”
In recent months, Senator Hernandez released his first online video, titled “A California Story,” which can be viewed by clicking on the screen image below:
Beyond today’s announcement, Senator Dr. Hernandez’ campaign has released an expansive list of over 400 endorsements from grassroots activists, community leaders, federal, state and local elected officials, labor unions, public safety groups and more.
Significantly, the Senator’s won wide-ranging support from over 40 groups that represent working families, including:
- California Nurses Association
- UNITE HERE International Union, AFL-CIO
- UNITE HERE Local 11
- California State Council of Laborers (LiUNA)
- Laborers (LiUNA) Local 270
- Laborers (LiUNA) Local 300
- Laborers (LiUNA) Local 1309
- Teamsters Joint Council 42
- Teamsters Joint Council 7
- American Federation of Musicians (AMF) Local 47
- California State Conference of Machinists
- California State Association of Electrical Workers (IBEW)
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 11
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 441
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 180
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 595
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 2295
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 40
- International Association of SMART (Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, Transportation) Local 105
- Amalgamated Transit Union (ATU) Local 1277
- Professional Engineers in California Government (PECG)
- United Steelworkers (USW) Los Angeles and Orange Counties
- International Union of Painters and Allied Trades District Council 36
- Association of California State Supervisors (ACSS)
- California State Council of Pipe Trades
- Southern California Pipe Trades District Council 16
- United Association (UA) Steamfitters and Refrigeration Local 250
- United Association (UA) Local 78
- United Association (UA) Local 114
- United Association (UA) Local 230
- United Association (UA) Local 345
- United Association (UA) Local 364
- United Association (UA) Local 398
- United Association (UA) Local 403
- United Association (UA) Local 460
- United Association (UA) Local 484
- United Association (UA) Local 582
- United Association (UA) Local 709
- United Association (UA) Local 761
- United Industrial Workers of the Seafarers International Union, SIUNA, AFL-CIO
- Peace Officers Research Association of California (PORAC)
- Sacramento Police Officers Association
- California Association for Nurse Practitioners
- California Pharmacists Association (CPhA)
- California’s Attorneys, Administrative Law Judges, and Hearing Officers in State Employment (CASE)
A husband, father, grandfather, practicing optometrist, and local businessman, “Dr. Ed” (as he is known to his patients) has spent his life bringing quality eye care to predominantly low-income communities. As a health care provider, the need to improve access to health care for all Californians is what first drove him to run for office.
Since being elected to the Assembly in 2006 and the Senate in 2010, Dr. Ed Hernandez has been a leader on the implementation of federal health care reform – helping expand access to affordable health care, control costs, and improve the network of providers so people can actually get quality care when they need it. Dr. Ed has been a champion by expanding educational opportunity to qualified students overlooked by our public schools and universities, as well as a major proponent for government reform, including fixing a broken initiative system too often hijacked by billionaires and wealthy corporations. Dr. Ed Hernandez is running to take this experience, leadership, and vision to the next level by serving the people of California as their Lieutenant Governor.
For more information, please visit www.edhernandez4ca.com.
*Titles for Identification Purposes Only.