About the Committee
A Democratic Central Committee (DCC) is a political entity that conducts the California Democratic Party’s affairs within a specific county. There are 58 DCCs in California, one of which is the Fresno County Democratic Central Committee, also known as the Fresno County Democratic Party
- Provides voter services and voter education in Fresno County;
- Nurtures and supports Democratic candidates for office throughout Fresno County; and
- Disseminates information about the Democratic Party and Democratic candidates throughout Fresno County.
- To serve as the official governing body of the Democratic Party in the County of Fresno in cooperation with the State and National Committees.
- To conduct the Democratic Party campaign in the County of Fresno under the general direction of the State Central Committee
- To build party organization on the district, regional and county levels to register Democrats and turn out Democratic voters.
- To encourage the fullest possible participation of all Democratic voters.
- To develop party policies and positions and to communicate them to the public and to all officeholders.
- To provide a forum for the study and discussion of public issues.
- To conduct a public relations program for the Democratic Party throughout Fresno County and to represent the Democratic Party within the county.
- To charter Democratic organizations within Fresno County.
- To ensure, as far as possible, the election of the Democratic Party nominees and candidates endorsed by This Committee.
- To perform such other duties and services as will benefit the Democratic Party.
The FCDCC comprises
- Representatives from each Board of Supervisors district in Fresno County.
- Alternates to those representatives.
- Ex officio members that include elected officials and recent candidates for state and federal offices.
- Associate members that include Assembly District delegates, Democratic club chairs and former chairs of the FCDCC.
Current Central Committee Members
Elected or appointed as of May 6, 2020
DISTRICT NO. 1
- Eliseo Gamiño
- Espi Sandoval
- Dottie Smith
DISTRICT NO. 2
- Jon Bath
- Tyler Mackey
- Marsha Conant
- Gail Gaston
- Alex Ramos O’Casey
- Ruben Zarate
DISTRICT NO. 3
- Pat Brown
- Jill Cisneros
- Nelson Esparza
- Annalisa Perea
DISTRICT NO. 4
- Navkaran Gurm
- Magdalena Gomez
- Jewel Hurtado
- Eva Ruiz
DISTRICT NO. 5
- Angelita Hurtado
- Jeni-Ann Kren
- Hugo Morrison
- David Rowell
- James Williams
Executive Board Members 2020—2022
The Executive Board includes the FCDCC officers (Chair, First Vice Chair, Second Vice Chair, Secretary and Controller) and the chairs of the standing committees.
First Vice Chair
Second Vice Chair
Candidate Recruitment Committee
PR & Communications Committee
Strategic Action Committee
Events & Voter Education Committee
- Hugo Morrison
Field Coordination Committee
Humberto Gomez Jr.